Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Tooth Fairy goes on vacation!

Gabe had another loose tooth. Now, this is cause for major trauma and drama in our house. He won't play with it or wiggle it or anything. He's too afraid it will hurt and bleed. Especially the bleeding part. Major trauma! Now, it's not that he's afraid of blood or can't stand the sight of it. He loves to see anyone else's blood. Just not his own.

So we were about to go to the beach for the week. I did NOT want to spend my vacation suffering through his loose tooth. He'll let it go on until it falls out of his mouth completely on it's own. And in the mean time, he won't talk correctly or eat or anything. NOT - repeat - NOT spending my vacation that way!

It just so happened that I had a follow up dentist appointment on the Friday before we left. So I made Gabe go with me and the dentist pulled out the loose tooth. It was so ready. He fought her but she persevered and out came the tooth. I fought with him for 45 minutes two nights before but no luck.

Yay! Tooth is out and we can enjoy our trip! Saturday comes and we drive 4 hours to the beach. We are there all of an hour and Gabe starts complaining about another loose tooth. I told him it's no big deal, don't worry about it. Ten minutes later he's about to freak out because it's so loose. I looked closer this time and sure enough, it's ready to come out. Great. I tried so hard not to have this worry during my vacation! So I march him to his room and tell him that we are not leaving his room until that tooth is out! He wanted to go back to the dentist. What?! The dentist is 4 hours away! Think again, Little Man!

About 15 minutes later that tooth was out! YAY!! He didn't like it but I got him to sit still long enough and out it came. The tooth fairy managed to find him at the beach and leave him $1. He was very happy. So was I! And now he is even cuter than ever. Let me introduce you to Snaggle-Tooth!


He says this is his scary face:


I don't care what he says, he's a cutie-patootie!

2 comments:

Dixie Cochran said...

Woohoo, Gabe! Hope the rest of your trip is uneventful!

Larry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.