Thursday, June 10, 2010

Schooooools out for Summer!

Well, it's official. I have a 6th grader. YIKES! I have a SIXTH GRADER! I can't believe it. But it's true. Drew graduated 5th grade today. There was a ceremony this morning with a guest speaker, diplomas, awards and lots of tears. He was so excited to graduate and he's already nervous about starting middle school. I've told him we have lots planned this summer so it's too early to even start thinking about school starting back. Actually, I think I'm the one who isn't ready to think about it. But I know he will do well. He's a good, smart child and he will be just fine.

I'll just keep telling my self that.

Here is Drew with Mrs. Gouveia (left) and Mrs. Reid (right). Mrs. G. left a few months ago on maternity leave and Mrs. R. has been filling in. It was so nice to see Mrs. G. again!

Here is Drew and his best buddy Cole during the 5th grade "walk thru". This is a very special tradition. Kindergarten thru 4th grade lines the school hallways and cheers and claps as all the 5th grade classes walk thru the school to the graduation ceremony held in the gym. It was so special. I was standing in the front hallway as they made their way toward us. There was a group of teacher and parents and administrators standing around me in tears!  And here are Drew and Cole as they entered the gym. It looks like they are ready to party!!

 
 
 
 
 
 
And of course we can't forget Gabe! He's a rising 2nd grader! Here he is with his teacher Mrs. Rodgers. She was wonderful! Gabe received an award for Most Logical Thinker!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

YAY for both of them! I love the "Most Logical" award! Like this newest blog design.

Dixie Cochran said...

Could their smiles get any bigger? Great post, Amy!