Monday, January 18, 2010

You know it's a bad day when....

you forget to open the garage door before attempting to back out of the garage. The good part is no one was hurt. Both of my boys and one extra boy were safely buckled in their seats and promptly began screaming at me at the same time the crunching of wood and shattering of glass began.

Yikes! Looks painful, doesn't it?


I had to include this picture. Drew put the safety cones around the "crash site!"

The neighbor came over and I think he may have convinced Jeff that he can fix it himself. Mr. Fix-it Neighbor has "rebuilt mine twice in 30 years!" Of course, he's rebuild just about everything they own. But he did help Jeff fix the car after his wreck. That saved us quite a bit of money and hassle. So Jeff is out there as I'm typing this trying to "shore it up" so I can get my car back in the garage. (He and Mr. Fix It pulled the door back into line enough to get it up and get my van out.)


Anyway, everyone is safe and the damage to my van is mostly just scratches in the bumper. I can live with that. And while I was very upset at the time it happened, I know that in the grand scheme of things it's a minor accident that we will laugh at one day. (Truth be told, Jeff is already laughing. And so am I.)



Amy

2 comments:

Dixie Cochran said...

Oh, my! Glad you're OK.

Wendy said...

Wonder where Gabe gets his fear of you running over him? (sorry, sis! you know I love you and am just kidding!)