Wednesday, May 29, 2013

So proud of my Drew!!

My oldest, Drew is about to graduate middle school. Kind of a big deal. I can't believe he's going to high school next year. How can it already be time for high school?! While I struggle with the fact that he's going to be 15 on his next birthday, I couldn't be more proud of him. He is growing up to be a thoughtful, caring, ambitious young man. 

I attended his 8th grade awards day this past week. He didn't know it but 3 of his teachers had contacted me to let me know he would be receiving an award in each of their classes. While he is a good student academically, he wasn't getting an award for his grades. He was receiving awards in each of those classes for his leadership, good character and attitude. He can always be counted on to do the right thing and be responsible when asked to do extra work or run an errand for the teacher.

Drew didn't know I was coming. I also brought his grandparents. It was fun to surprise him! We got to see him receive his awards, as well as many of his friends. His 8th grade is made up of 3 teams. Each team had it's own awards to give as well as one very special award for one child from each team. This is called the Principal's Award. It is given to a child who shows exceptional responsibility, moral character and leadership. I was so proud when Drew received this award! 
Some how I think he's going to do just fine in high school.

Drew, we are very proud of you and love you very much!!!

No comments: