Saturday, June 25, 2011

Time flies!!!

How can it have only been a few weeks since I last posted? So much has happened! If you saw the previous post, I entered my canvas bag in a contest with Prima. Well, right before we left for our beach vacation I found out - I WON! I had a nice prize pack with lots of Prima flowers, a 6x6 paper pad and bling waiting for me when we got back.

06 14 11_0880Our yearly beach trip was mostly great. The weather was wonderful. Sunny just about everyday with a few storms at night. We saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides as a family. Jeff and I went shopping one day, just about all day long – that NEVER  happens! The boys had a great time playing on the beach and in the water. We watched movies just about every night. Played mini golf. And made our usual 2 trips to Krispy Kreme – yumm!!

06 17 11_0814

06 17 11_0849

 

 

 

 

 

 

The only part that wasn’t great was when my poor Dad had kidney stones. He has them often so he already had pain meds with him and didn’t need to go to the hospital but he didn’t feel well for several days. He and Mom even went home a day early.

06 11 11_0939The strange part was the new bridge access to Sunset Beach. The old swing bridge is gone and replaced by a really tall bridge. I understand the need for it, but the old bridge had such great character and was fun to watch. It will now be moved to a donated lot and turned into a museum .

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Um, I think you meant to say, "...replaced by a really tall, scary, long bridge!" Ok, maybe it was only scary and long for me (since I dislike long, scary, tall bridges).

Love your posted pictures, especially under the pier. But I really love that your hubby didn't get any of you and me on boogie boards! ;-)

PAM HAIRFIELD said...

I would have loved to see you two on boogie boards!!! LOL
Glad you had a good time!

Dixie Cochran said...

Hope your dad is feeling better! The swing bridge was a classic.