Friday, May 6, 2011

His first middle school dance!

Tonight was the first school dance Drew has attended. He hasn’t really been interested in the other dances but now there is a girl who likes him. So he was much more interested!

Because it was the last dance of the year it was “semi-formal” so he wanted to wear a button-down shirt and tie. Of course he waited until last night to tell me this! So off to Wal-Mart I went today. The shirt was just a tad big but it was the last white, long-sleeved shirt they had and he insisted it had to be white and long-sleeves. 

The flowers were cut from my Gerbera Daisies. I wrapped them in a wet paper towel, tucked inside a baggie and tied neatly with matching ribbon. He said he received a lot of grief for the flowers. But then I asked if “she” like them and he said “She loved them.” I don’t think he minded the ribbing too much after that.

He was very nervous when I dropped him off but I don’t think that lasted too long. He said the tie only stayed on for about 30 minutes. Then it stayed in his back pocket. He took my camera and took several pictures of “her”, including one of the two of them in a photo spot made to look like a castle entrance.

When I picked him up he said he had a great time. I asked if he had offered to get “her” a snack or drink and he said he did. Then I asked if she looked nice. She did. Then I asked if he told her she looked nice. He just grinned at me. Ooops. I suggested that he tell her how nice she looked at the dance the next time he speaks to her. He’ll learn, I suppose.

Here is a picture I took of Drew before taking him to the school. I’m not going to include a picture of “her” since I haven’t met her parents yet and don’t know if they would mind.

 

IMG_4236_0361

I’m very proud of how he’s is growing up to be a nice, polite, handsome young man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our largest goober rocks!!!!
I Love You Drew!!
Dad

PAM HAIRFIELD said...

Ohhh Moooommmm...... :)