Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sewing with Amy!

Hello Bloggers! I have been playing with my newest toy - the Janome Sew Mini!! It's so easy to use and lightweight. I keep it under my desk and just place it on my desk when I need it. Love it!

So here is a little something I made last night. I got the idea from watching ScrapTime videos from CHA-Summer. I noticed that lots of scrapbook companies would make garlands out of die cut shapes such as circles or butterflies and stitch them together to form a long chain. They would hang them all around their booths to display their newest papers.



So that got me to thinking.... I could do that same thing with holiday shapes! So I used my Cricut to cut out several different leaf shapes. I used a pattern paper and two different cardstocks. I stamped the yellow cardstock leaves and embossed the dark brown cardstock leaves. I decided to back my garland with a ribbon to make it a bit sturdier.

I'm currently working on a Christmas garland! I'll post that one when it's done.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I saw this in person and it was really fun and a nice fall touch!

Ayana Posadas said...

What a fabulous banner, Amy! Such a fun idea for the Fall season. I love it! :)