Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!

Actually, it was even wilder creatures - three 11 year old boys! Yikes!!! I went to the Asheboro Zoo with Drew's 5th grade class. I was one of many chaperones. I was in charge of 3 boys - Drew, Ben and Sebastian. We had lots of fun. It was perfect weather - low 70's and partly cloudy. Here are a few pictures of our fun.
Here are 3 monkeys er, uh, boys headed into the zoo.
Look closely and you can see a seal about to swim past Drew's head.

The Black Bear paced. Just paced.

One of the boys, er, uh monkeys was sitting right by the glass looking at us! He looked very old and just sat there touching his fingers like he was counting.

I managed to come home with the right monkey - I mean BOY! That was Thursday. Friday the boys had a half day of school. Saturday Drew had a soccer game. After the soccer game, the boys and I (plus a friend of Drew's) headed for the river. That's currently where I am posting from. Jeff couldn't come because he had to work and we aren't staying long as the boys have to be back at school on Tuesday but we are having fun.

No comments: